St Stephen’s Cemetery, New Ross

St Stephen’s Cemetery, New Ross

Details

St Stephen’s Cemetery, New Ross

Features

St Stephen’s Cemetery, New Ross, is a large urban graveyard located at the edge of New Ross town.

The graveyard could be useful for filmmakers who need a large and aged cemetery location. There are around 1,000 graves on the site, many of which are weathered and spotted by lichen. Some of these graves date to as early as 1776.

An unsual feature of the graveyard is the tripartite gate at the entranceway. The pointed screen gate dates from 1886 and is very visually eyecatching from inside and outside the graveyard.

The property also has a chapel at its centre, which will give filmmakers extra options on the site.

More Info

St Mary and Michael Church is located nearby.

Cemetery’s area is around 100m by 100m.

A service lane allows car access to the site.

The entrance gate is around 6 metres tall (from the ground to the cross on its top).

Street parking is available next to the property and fits ~20 cars.

Located in New Ross.

Contact Us

Photographer: Gordon Wycherly

Location

St Stephen’s Cemetery, Mortuary Chapel, Irishtown, New Ross, Co. Wexford, Y34 Nf22

Contact

Rev John Carroll

Contact Address

adm@ferns.ie

Location ID

SW027

Related Locations

Website by Doodle