EDITING INTERRACTIVE TV – A WORKSHOP WITH TONY KEARNS
Start Date: May 2021
Screen Wexford is excited to announce an upcoming workshop for Wexford based filmmakers with renowned film & TV editor Tony Kearns. Tony is a highly experienced, BAFTA nominated, film editor who has worked on music videos, TV commercials, short films, feature films and TV drama. His most notable recent work has been the interactive Black Mirror film Bandersnatch and episodes 1 to 4 of the second series of The End Of The F***ing World. He also edited Wexford feature film ‘The Lodgers’.
Tony is based in Ireland and works internationally. He edits on Premiere Pro and Avid.
– Overview of Tony’s experience and insights in editing drama for film and TV
– Break down the edit process
– How to effectively start a project
– Assembling and fine tuning the cut
– Working with the directors
– Interactive TV (Bandersnatch)
– Editing techniques: creating pace and rhythm, reacting to actors’ performance, using sound and music etc
– Project walk throughs – Black Mirror eps (Metalhead, Bandersnatch and Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too), episodes 1 to 4 of the second series of The End Of The F***king World as well as the feature films Cardboard Gangsters, Let Us Prey and The Lodgers.
Date: Saturday 22nd May 2021
Time: 10am – 5pm
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application Wednesday 19th May.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop is strictly for Wexford based filmmakers.