Introduction to Costume Design and Management for TV & Film
One-Day Workshop in Costume Design and Management for TV & Film
Friday 18th November 2022
Wexford Opera House
Free: Apply here for workshop
Screen Wexford are delighted to present a One-Day Workshop in Costume Design and Management for TV & Film that has been developed by industry professionals for those interested in getting involved in TV, Film or Theatre Costume Design.
This workshop is suitable for those already active in areas of drama or performance, with or without a fashion background and wanting to learn more about all aspects of costume for performance.
- – This workshop’s aim is to provide participants with an introduction to the world of Costume Design and management over a variety of media formats.
- – It will give attendees an appreciation of the role of the Costume Designer, the Costume Team and how Costume integrates and functions as part of any production within Film, TV and Theatre.
- – We will aim to highlight the day to day work of the costume designer and the running of a costume department.
- – We will also seek to provide a realistic picture of options for further study and career specialisations in costume within the performance industries.
This one day course will be run by Wexford resident Inez Nordell. Inez has designed costumes for upwards of seventy projects for theatre, film & television including contemporary & period drama & light entertainment in Ireland and the U.K. Her work has taken her to Europe, Africa & the US and has seen her offer Industry training and mentoring of Costume and Fashion students on work experience placements at Granada Television and on various independent productions for the B.B.C. and Channel 4.
Screen Wexford will supply as many materials as possible on the day but if you have access to them please bring the following:
- A3 Sketch book heavy cartridge paper
- Pencils (from H to 5B)
- Range of old magazines/ decorative papers. for collage and
- Coloured Pencils illustration.
- General PAPER Scissors,
- Notebook for lecture notes
- Pen for taking notes
- Chalk pastels (Tiger)
- Oil pastels Eraser (Staedtler white)
- Putty A4 Plain White Paper (Loose sheets 80gsm)
- Rubber Ingres paper – for pastel and conté
- Pritt Stick Fine Line Pen Black 0.5mm
- Fine Line Pen Black 0.7mm
- Tailors tape measure
This course is aimed at new entrants and trainee crew who want to work or are working in the camera department of the Film & TV Drama industry. There are a maximum of 15 spaces.
Contact for any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org