NEW VOICES FILM AWARD BURSARY
Start Date: December 2020
Screen Wexford in association with Wexford County Council Arts Office and Bodecii Film is calling for applications to its Short Film Fund initiative. The aim of this annual award is to provide funding and support to emerging filmmakers based in the County Wexford region looking to develop ambitious and creative narrative short films.
Closing date for submissions is 5pm on Friday 27th November 2020.
Funding will be available through the scheme to support three short films -narrative film, documentary and animation with a budget of up to €2,500 funded through Wexford County Council Arts Office. The award also consists of mentorship from leading industry professionals, project management support from Bodecii Film (Wexford based production company) as well as lighting equipment hire to the value of €1,500 from film lighting company Teach Solais.
The focus of this award for 2020 – 2021 is supporting new and emerging local Writer/Director/Producer teams.
At least one of the creative team must be from Wexford.
Funding will be awarded to successful Creative teams by December 2020 for:
- €2500 & Mentorship – Narrative Short Film (10 page max)
- €2500 & Mentorship – Documentary Short Film (Aprox. 10 Minutes)
- €2500 & Mentorship – Animation Short Film (10 page max)
In each category completion funding for works in progress will also be considered for the awards. Successful applicants will receive mentorship from leading Industry professionals in production, direction and writing.
Applications will require the following elements:
1. Logline (1-2 line synopsis of the film) and short synopsis (200 – 300 words)
2. Completed Script (10 pages or for documentary no more than 2 page outline)
3. Director’s notes (including notes on visual style/visual references 1000 words max)
4. Producer’s notes (no more than 500 words)
5. Identification of possible Co. Wexford locations
6. Production budget, and notes on any additional funding required
7. Biography’s of the core creative team (to include at least Writer, Producer and Director)
8. Include in paperwork, links to samples of previous work/showreels/links, if available
COLLABORATIVE FILM FORUM:
To expand on this film industry professional development initiative for local film making talent, Screen Wexford and Bodecii Film are facilitating an ONLINE NETWORKING FORUM in which Directors/Producers/Writers nationwide will have an opportunity to network with Wexford filmmakers.
This forum is on Facebook and you will need to have a Facebook Account:
- Sign into Facebook
- Send a Friend Request to https://www.facebook.com/bodeciiprojects/
- State you are a filmmaker who wants to take part in the Online Networking Forum Creative’s Exchange
- You will be sent an invite to join the private group
- Please read the rules in the ‘About’ section of the page
Creatives can meet and exchange information and match based on their assessment of the writer/director/producers past work, short screenplays, and compatibility to work together.
- All of the above production paperwork and screenplay to be uploaded as one PDF, (max. 10MB) not separately uploaded.
- Applications must be submitted electronically.
- The creativity and quality of the script and project proposal.
- The suitability of Co. Wexford Locations for use in filming.
- The track record and demonstrable ability of the creative team to complete and deliver the project with the resources and funds available
Assessment will involve a review of applications by a panel in November 2020. The panel will include representatives from Wexford County Council Arts Office, and/or industry experienced filmmakers.
The deadline for applications is: 5pm on Friday 27th November 2020
Send applications with the title ‘Film Award’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be notified in December 2020.
Successful applicants must have completed their productions by August 2021 and will be invited to screen their films in Wexford following the completion date.